Position Title: Editorial Associate
Location: Little Rock, AR
Reports to: Director, Communications and Public Affairs
The Editorial Associate will function as a content creator and editor for Winrock's Communications Department. Primarily, this person will write, copy edit and proofread communications and marketing materials for Winrock International and its many varied international projects, including narrative profiles, handouts, captions, news releases, newsletter pieces, social media posts and website copy. The Editorial Associate will also prepare and upload new or existing content to Winrock's website, social platforms, intranet and databases and provide general logistical support on events, travel and database management for the department.
- Writing and content development: Including, but not limited to, brochures, handouts, reports, advertisements, photo captions, press releases, social media posts and website content.
- Collaborate with the Communications Director and other Winrock staff on internal and external newsletters and write content as needed.
- Proofread content written by others.
- Write news releases and media advisories.
- Collaborate with program staff to develop project specific materials, as needed
- Provide field communications support as needed.
- 1/3 of time to support the Sustainable Water Project in activities consistent with this job description.
- Proposal development support, as needed.
- Participation and support for all Communications initiatives, including event and field communications support.
- Still photography and video support, as needed.
- Assist in departmental presentations; including PowerPoint preparation and notetaking for monthly interdepartmental presentations.
- USAID branding and marking support.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Background:
- Ideal candidate has a bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, public relations, marketing, or a related field, and has at least two years' experience in content creation. Qualified candidates will possess the following skills / knowledge:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to understand complex concepts in international economic development and to translate them into compelling and comprehensible language suitable for consumption by the general public.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency or aptitude to learn basic field-related applications, such as Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Lightroom and InDesign.
- Experience in website writing and knowledge of social media platforms.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Engaging personality and strong collaborator.
- Experience working with the media a plus.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Winrock International recommends that you read the following notices provided by the United States Government before applying:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law - Supplement
Your Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Your Rights Under the Polygraph Protection Act
Your Rights Under the Fair Labor Standards Act