Manufacturing Resident Engineer-Automation Supervisor
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of branded and private label paper products including plates, bowls, cups, and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are looking for Manufacturing Resident Engineers for our Southgate, MI facility.
Position Requirements include:
- Provide direct support to the Plant Manager, by primarily coordinating and executing assigned tasks in order to optimize the safe and efficient operation of the plant and to maximize profits while rotating across multiple roles and experiences in an upwardly progressing Management Trainee Program.
- Seek opportunities for the production departments to increase production, troubleshooting, improve efficiency, and promote safety and quality control for the purpose of optimizing the plant’s performance.
- Will review current work instructions, procedural steps, policies, and other information and provide recommendations to both Corporate Operations and the Plant Manager for improvement.
- Provide analysis for both Corporate Operations and the Plant Manager, review and input regarding potential capital improvement projects and/or process improvements that will ensure the safe and efficient utilization of the manufacturing equipment.
- Support Plant Manager and Corporate Operations by creating and conducting specific training materials and information as needed. Emphasis will be on quality training, problem solving training and process training.
- Support Plant Manager and Corporate Operations in the development and execution of a predictive and preventative maintenance program. Monitor execution to ensure satisfactory completion of said activities.
- Responsibility will also include the successful implementation and completion of assigned projects.
- Act as a facilitator for the implementation of process or organizational change.
- Support the Plant Manager by coordinating machine installation or facility improvement projects.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field is required
- Excellent analysis capabilities
- Supervisory experience, to include training experience desirable
- Possess working knowledge of manufacturing, as well as, building/plant maintenance
- Quality control experience/understanding
- Must be able to access all sections and areas of a manufacturing facility
- Possess excellent communication (verbal and composition) and interpersonal skills and be able to interact with a wide range of people
- Ability to speak and comprehend Spanish would be beneficial
- Prior military service at the level of a senior non-commissioned officer or junior officer is desirable, especially from the Engineering or Maintenance career fields
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.