Program Associate, New Business - Arlington, VA
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International seeks applicants for the position of Program Associate - New Business. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for this position are described in the attached position description.
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance; and retirement.
Applicants should go to Jobs page at https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/ to submit their application, cover letter and current resume. Candidates must not require sponsorship to work in the U.S.
Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/AA
Position Title: Program Associate, New Business
Department: Civil Society & Education Group (CSE)
Reports To: Program Officer - New Business
Location: Arlington, Virginia
The New Business Program Associate will support the new business process within the CSE group to secure new funding from foundations, private companies, US Government agencies (USAID, USDOL etc.) and other bilateral/multilateral donors. The Associate will support portfolio development for programs in education, women and youth empowerment, countering human trafficking, child labor, livelihoods/economic strengthening, child protection, decent work, governance, and civil society and institutional/organizational strengthening. The Associate will also support administrative and operation activities for the CSE group.
The successful applicant is a highly motivated and capable individual with excellent written and verbal communication skills; a documented interest in proposal development; and the ability to collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of headquarters and field office staff to coordinate and design successful proposals and foster donor relationships.
- Support CSE new business, maintain relevant Winrock databases and CSE proposal development information/tools (85%)
- Conduct market analysis to identify and validate new and diverse business opportunities
- Participate in proposal development including participating on proposal teams, including as manager, capabilities writer, and staffing specialist, budget specialist, or other roles as assigned to ensure that the team is on track to meet milestones and deadlines
- Maintain the CSE new business pipeline including regular updates to the proposal database
- Support operations of department new business, including new business meetings (including taking and circulating notes, preparing relevant materials, and organizing logistics); preparing proposal preparation budgets; coordinating approvals, consultant hiring and payment, and travel
- Other new business research/operational assistance, as needed
- Coordinate and manage administrative support for the CSE Group (15%)
- Manage departmental documents and information, including calendars, project and staff lists, CSE intranet site, and general resources
- Administrative management of office and outside meetings and retreats
- Coordinate hiring and payment of local and/or international consultants
- Assist with editing and producing promotional documents, PowerPoints and communication materials
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor's Degree in field related to international development, international affairs, or other related field. Master's preferred.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in at least one additional language such as French or Spanish is preferred.
0 - 3 years of international development/non-profit experience required, with experience in Africa and/or Asia preferred
Demonstrated experience with relevant technical issues and program areas is desirable
Experience in supporting successful business development efforts with diverse donors, including USG (USAID, DoL, DoA, etc.), private sector, foundations, and other independent donors
Experience supporting new business pipeline tracking, forecasting, and market analysis
- Hands-on experience in successful development of proposals/applications to US Government and other bilateral/multilateral agencies
Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times.
Strong organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Demonstrated skills in project planning, budgeting and financial analysis/management
Excellent communication, writing, editing, and proof-reading skills
Ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and meet tight deadlines
Administrative skills and good knowledge of computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio)
Ability to work as part of a team and independently as needed with little direction or supervision and have the ability to quickly analyze and resolve specific problems and meet deadlines.
Must be a team player with good interpersonal skills