Improve AB Mauri profitability and turnover by developing new and improving existing AB Mauri bakery ingredient products in response to market trends, customer demands and availability of new technology.
Key Result Areas:
· Contribute to the business objectives and strategic product development by assisting with the evaluation and improvement of existing product lines as identified to maximize profit.
· Contribute to the business objectives and strategic product development by assisting with and/or developing, formulating and testing new products to meet customer requirements. Ensure the products meet standards before market introduction/launch.
· Report results, findings, conclusions and recommendations on all new ingredients, products and suppliers to maximize profit and ensure a competitive advantage.
· Assist with technology innovation; using publication and patent information to identify and understand new opportunities for business growth.
· Adhere to the New Product Development Process, including all documentation.
· Responsible for assisting with and/or evaluating and reporting on potential new AB Mauri products from a sister company, as required.
· Conduct all activities in a safe manner, wear PPE as necessary.
· Contribute to technical training seminars and/or information, as requested.
· Provide manufacturing, sales and marketing support upon request.
· Support procurement by evaluating and testing new and alternative raw materials.
· Assist with providing technical information and assistance to sales, marketing and customers with implementation of products, especially customized as needed, thus building a collaborative relationship with vendors and customer.
· Ensure department expenses are within budget.
· Comply with the Corporate Travel policy and control spending.
· Contribute to department and capital budget preparations to ensure budget meets laboratory needs, as requested.
· Actively update line management on progression of projects.
· Communicate results, conclusions and recommendations of new product testing in accurate and timely manner to all appropriate personnel.
· Professionally interact and communicate with Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Marketing, Quality, Sales and other departments.
· Complete weekly and monthly reports by due date.
· Complete project documentations and file on the shared drive on the computer system.
· Accurately document project progress and reports, including making conclusions, and recommendations.
· Comply with all HR policies and procedures.
· Comply with relevant employment laws.
· Keep abreast of Bakery and Baking Ingredient Technology and enhance technical skills by attending appropriate seminars, professional meetings, training and additional course work.
· Other duties, as assigned.
A COMBINATION OF THE LISTED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE IS PREFERRED
· Bachelor's degree in Bakery Science, Food Science or related discipline.
· Up to eight (8) years of ingredient NPD, ideally working with applications in the sweet bakery goods area.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Strong analytical, organizational and prioritizing skills.
· PC, word processing and spreadsheet skills.
· Excellent planning, organization and problem solving skills.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a customer focused environment.
· Experience of working with customers / in a customer facing environment
· Experience working for a manufacturer of bakery products or bakery ingredients in a NPD role.
· Previous knowledge and experience of product development.
· Project Management experience.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk, hear and smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to airborne particles and chemicals. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
· Light travel.