Matheson Inc. is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrative Assistant for our Sacramento, CA location.
- The Payroll Administrative Assistant is responsible for assisting the payroll manager with the driver payroll in addition to other clerical duties for payroll as assigned by the Payroll Manager
- Exercise knowledge of company policies regarding payroll practices for our drivers
- Process payroll for up to 350 drivers
- Meet deadlines as it pertains to payroll processing
- Review and analyze trip sheets to ensure accuracy
- Data entry of driver’s hours
- Review payroll department input of all driver hours on days when payroll is processed
- Clerical duties for payroll as assigned by the Payroll Manager
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
- Be accustomed to working to meet tight deadlines
- Must be detailed oriented & a perfectionist by nature
- Must be highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Have experience with Excel or a similar program
- Be organized, with an attention to detail and an eye for accuracy
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills
- Presence of mind, analytical thinking, logical thinking and multi-tasking abilities are some other essential qualities for success in this position
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures
- Be a team player
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to two years of transportation experience preferred.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision and Ability to adjust focus.
Compensation: Will commensurate with experience
Matheson Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.