Modern mobile clinic seeking veterinarian: With over 150,000 surgeries performed since 2001, we help reduce the dog and cat overpopulation crisis in and around the pleasant river town of Norfolk in south eastern Virginia. Benefits include competitive salary, flexible hours, vacation and sick time and limited weekends! Experience in high volume surgery preferred, caring about animal welfare a must.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Perform surgical sterilizations and other surgeries as required
• Oversee and perform surgical monitoring, the administration of pre-anesthetic and anesthetic drugs, and post-surgical monitoring through discharge
• Promote the humane care and treatment of animals
• Administer vaccines to clinic patients
• Comply with the applicable state and federal laws established by the Virginia Board of Veterinary Medicine and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)