Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management Intern, CLEAR II Project - Washington, DC
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management Intern (M&E Intern) for the US Department of Labor-funded Country Level Engagement and Assistance to Reduce Child Labor II (CLEAR II) project. CLEAR II is a global project currently operating in Nepal, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Belize, and Panama that works to increase capacity of host governments in target countries to reduce child labor, including its worst forms. The project operates through the following intermediate objectives:
- Improvements in legislation addressing child labor issues, including by bringing local and national laws into compliance with international standards;
- Improvements in monitoring and enforcement of laws and policies related to the worst forms of child labor;
- Effective implementation of national plans of action on child labor, including its worst forms;
- Enhanced implementation of national and local policies and programs aimed at a reduction and prevention of the worst forms of child labor and improvements in polices and social programs to increase access to basic education, vocational training, social protection services, employment creation and poverty reduction initiatives for populations particularly vulnerable to the worst forms of child labor.
The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for this position are described in the attached position description.
GENERAL: Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
COMPENSATION:The CLEAR II M&E internship is a minimum 6-month, full-time paid internship.
APPLICATIONS: Applicants should go to Winrock's Careers page at http://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ to submit their application, cover letter and current resume, along with a short, unedited writing sample, no more than 2 pages in length. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/AA
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation and Knowledge Management Intern, CLEAR II Project
Location: Arlington, VA
Group: Civil Society & Education
Reports to: CLEAR II M&E Officer
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Knowledge Management (KM) Intern will be responsible for supporting the CLEAR II project's global monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management.
The M&E Intern will support the global CLEAR II monitoring and evaluation activities and project research needs. The M&E Intern will work in close cooperation with the CLEAR II Monitoring and Evaluation Officer as well as the CLEAR II Project director, both based in Arlington, VA. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Support the M&E Officer in the management of the project Salesforce database. Carry out data quality checks and develop quick-guides and tools to promote database adoption among the CLEAR II global team;
- Develop or revise tools for data collection, analysis, and reporting;
- Support the development of country M&E tools and country-specific results frameworks;
- Review data and run data analyses as needed;
- Support country and child labor desk research needs as needed;
- Support child labor research and survey design as needed;
- Support the development of project deliverables such as assessments, briefs, and reports;
- Assess and manage the M&E collaboration site to share tools and best practices among M&E staff.
- Design experience sharing strategy and timeline for global CLEAR II team;
- Create and disseminate handouts of project data and success stories;
- Draft blog posts and other documents for internal and public consumption;
- Update and manage the CLEAR II Global Learning platform, with a particular focus on capitalizing on experience sharing opportunities such as webinars, blog posts, Twitter chats, etc.;
- Support the development of a global best practices strategy and case study development plan;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Background:
- Candidates should be graduate- or upperclassmen undergraduate-level students in a field relevant to international development.
- Candidates with a focus on areas relevant to CLEAR II (social development areas including education, child protection/child labor, livelihoods/economic strengthening, human trafficking, civil society strengthening/organizational development, youth, and gender) are preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Language skills in French and/or Spanish strongly desired;
- Exceptional writing and other communications skills;
- Strong analytical and research skills;
- Experience developing data collection questionnaires, forms, or other tools preferred;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, ability to think critically and work independently;
- Proficiency in Salesforce, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint) strongly desired;
- International development and child labor experience preferred.