Senior Human Resources Advisor - Little Rock, AR or Arlington, VA
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Senior Human Resources Advisor for the Human Resources Department. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for this position are described in the attached position description.
General: Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
Salary and Benefits: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance; retirement; and other normal Winrock benefits.
Applications: Applicants should go to Winrock's Careers page at https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/ to submit their application, cover letter and current resume. Candidates must not require sponsorship to work in the U.S.
Position Title: Senior Human Resources Advisor
Location: Little Rock, AR or Arlington, VA
Unit: Human Resources
Reports to: Director, Global Human Resources
Winrock is seeking a Senior Human Resources Advisor who will develop partnerships by managing a portfolio of multiple departments (including at least Technical/Program department) and be the primary point of contact for all HR queries in areas such as employee relations, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and performance management. The Senior Advisor plays a key role in expanding and supporting our global pool of talent, thereby supporting Winrock program impact worldwide. The position is based in Little Rock, AR or Arlington, VA and reports to the Global Human Resources Director. The successful candidate should anticipate approximately 10% travel.
- Manage full-cycle HR activities such as recruiting, employee relations and performance management for multiple departments.
- Advise and assist managers and employees in the interpretation and implementation of company policies and procedures, and compensation and benefits, both domestic and international.
- Identify qualified candidates and facilitate all aspects of recruitment and on-boarding to include: screening resumes, conducting interviews, reference/background checks, making employment offers and negotiating salaries, employment visas, employee orientation.
- Proactively assist managers in successfully handling employee complaints and grievances.
- Provide support to management to ensure HR best practices are being implemented in areas such as: performance management and discipline.
- Work on various projects including research and development of policies, improvement of internal HR-related processes to continuously improve the department's efficiency, and various other HR-related project management responsibilities.
- Serve as main contact and HR Business Partner to multiple departments
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Background:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a related field; PHR preferred.
- Minimum 5 years HR experience including international recruitment experience
- Previous experience providing HR support with an international organization, preferably in a donor funded environment
- Experience with HR recruitment software and enterprise resource planning systems
- Experience working short or long term in a developing country highly desired
- International HR knowledge
- Strong working knowledge of employment standards and other regulatory legislation both domestic and internationally
- Experienced project management skills and an ability to work efficiently and multi-task in a high volume, results-oriented environment
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy, mature judgment and creative problem solving skills are essential
- Ability to influence as well as the ability to present complex situations in a clear and simple way
- Ability to maintain the highest level of ethical standards at all times
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Impeccable organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Advanced computer knowledge (MS Office applications, incl. Word and Excel)
- Fluency in a second language (French, Spanish) preferred
- Must have a strong customer service orientation
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities while ensuring quality output.