LOCATION: Wa and Sandema, Ghana
POSITION TITLE: Office Manager
STATUS: Full time
REPORTS TO: Senior Operations and HR Manager
Winrock International (WI) is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock is currently recruiting for two Office Manager positions in Wa and Sandema to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM). The USAID AgNRM project seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscape approach that will support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, increase nutrition and climate change adaptation, and strengthen Northern Ghana’s natural resources.
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to: Ghana.Recruitment@winrock.org, indicating “Office manager” in the subject line. The deadline for submission of the applications is June 27, 2017. Qualified applicants will be invited for an in person interview.
The Office Manager works to support the Senior Operations and HR Manager by directly managing satellite office staff and daily office operations. This position provides operational leadership and oversight, including ensuring that all operations strictly comply to USAID rules and regulations and meet USAID standards. The Office Manager works to implement processes and policies for the AgNRM project with particular focus on daily office operations including travel coordination.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and manage daily satellite office operations, and participate in long-term organizational planning;
- Monitor partner and staff activities in the satellite office;
- Coordinate with WI’s partner organizations on matters relating to determining equipment needs and their procurements;
- Submit and contribute to periodic reports, including annual procurement plans;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum degree in Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) or Management, Bachelor of Arts (BA) or related degree.
- Minimum five years of professional experience in human resources in a progressively increased managerial role.
- Previous experience with implementation of donor-funded projects. Experience with USAID projects required.
- Experience working with local and international NGOs in Northern Ghana is a plus.
- Fluency in English is required.