Applications for Baltimore E-Motors only.
You are applying for a temporary position working up to 40 hours per week. The starting wage is $13.15 per hour, with potential for growth. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days. Qualified applicants will be hired by General Motors Subsystems Manufacturing, LLC, which is a subsidiary of General Motors Company.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which includes a comprehensive assessment, drug testing, and a background check.
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Candidates must be willing to work either day or afternoon shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
Daily work requirements include:
- Contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Operate material handling equipment (fork truck or tugger) to load, unload, transfer and move materials within warehouse to meet customer orders and put away product.
- Verify quantities of incoming and outgoing material
- Maintain proper materials staging at all times to ensure all items are staged in the order in which they expire (oldest to newest)
- Select correct parts utilizing a computer system
- Sequence parts utilizing error proofing computer system
- Participate in ongoing inventory control activities including cycle counting, inventory management and analysis
- Must be able to work in fast paced constantly changing environment
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination and could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily, sustain frequent bending, twisting, stooping and reaching, and could be required to periodically lift up to 40 lbs.
- Assist in reviewing and/or updating documentation for related processes
- Maintain quality, safety, and productivity standards
- Participate in required training
- Report for work on time
- Work successfully in a team environment
General Motors offers a competitive compensation and benefit package. Candidates may apply by accessing http://www.gm.appone.com/ and completing the online questionnaire.
EEO Policy:The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected veteran status.
About the Organization:General Motors LLC is a subsidiary of General Motors Company. General Motors Co. (NYSE:GM, TSX: GMM) and its partners produce vehicles in 30 countries, and the company has leadership positions in the world's largest and fastest-growing automotive markets. GM, its subsidiaries and joint venture entities sell vehicles under the Chevrolet, Cadillac, Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling brands. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety, security and information services, can be found at http://www.gm.com.