Frontier Systems Integrators is looking for a Business Unit Controller to work from our Chantilly, VA corporate office managing the accounting department and related financial operations.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
The Business Unit Controller manages the day to day operations of the finance and accounting department, including accounts payable/receivable, and payroll activities. Prepares and develops work strategies and goals. Ensures that the organization’s financial reporting and procedures follow Koniag’s practices and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and/or approve accurate and timely financial statements including ledger entries and reconciliations, bank account and credit card reconciliations and other reports as required for group consolidation.
- Prepare and analyze operational and financial performance and recommend appropriate alternatives.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and assist with regulatory reporting as applicable.
- Follow defined policies for assuring financial controls are in place and being implemented.
- Assist in the design and preparation of budgets for review by management
- Maintain and reconcile fixed asset schedules
- Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expense and earnings based on past, present and expected operations.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Finance or Accounting
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- 12-15 years of relevant experience with minimum 4 years of senior level related experience
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL (Solomon) 2015 implementation
- Demonstrated project management experience supporting financial system upgrades
- Demonstrated project management experience supporting system integrations ( e.g. payroll, time & attendance, expense reporting) with core financial system
- Demonstrated background and experience in the core duties listed in the Essential functions area including leadership and staff management
- Current knowledge of GAAP and proven expertise with financial accounting and strong financial and analytical skills with the ability to deliver timely and accurate information and reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in accounting work for Government contractors
Working Environment & Conditions
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The work load may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations.