USAID Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP) - Cambodia Pilot Project
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting Cambodian national applicants for the positions of Junior Water Resources Management Specialist. This anticipated 4-year project, funded by USAID and based in Phnom Penh, will work to create a stakeholder-driven water security improvement process in Cambodia, focusing on implementation of water security measures in two catchments draining into the Tonle Sap lake basin. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for these positions are described in the attached position descriptions.
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits also provided.
Applicants should go to Jobs page at http://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ to submit their application, cover letter and current resume by August 30, 2017. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
POSITION TITLE: Junior Water Resources Management Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Clean Energy and Water (CEW)
LOCATION: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
REPORTS TO: Project Director, Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP)
The Junior Water Resources Management Specialist will provide technical assistance to the project at the direction of the Team Leader/Senior Water Resources Management Specialist for this anticipated 4-year pilot project that will create a stakeholder-driven water security improvement process in Cambodia, under the USAID-funded Sustainable Water Partnership.
The Junior Water Resources Management Specialist will technically support the following activities:
- Analyzing how key risks and vulnerabilities may impact Cambodia’s water security
- Defining potential water security implementation activities and locations with wide implications for Cambodian water security challenges
- Mapping the relevant stakeholders and engaging their participation in the decision-making and implementation process
- Performing an options analysis allowing stakeholders and decision-makers to identify and specific water management actions for reducing water security risks
- Supporting and monitoring the implementation of agreed-upon water security measures
Qualifications and Background:
Education: Degree in a water related field, such as engineering, hydrology, natural resource management /forestry science
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience within the water sector, including with water resource assessment/analysis and management efforts
- Experience working with local water sector stakeholders in Cambodia and preferably some experience in providing training and capacity building
- Experience related to fieldwork in rural areas
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs, including MS Office Suite
- Ability to travel up to 50% in the field as necessary