USAID Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP) - Cambodia Pilot Project
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting Cambodian national applicants for the positions of Team Leader/Senior Water Resources Management Specialist. This anticipated 4-year project, funded by USAID and based in Phnom Penh, will work to create a stakeholder-driven water security improvement process in Cambodia, focusing on implementation of water security measures in two catchments draining into the Tonle Sap lake basin. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for these positions are described in the attached position descriptions.
Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits also provided.
Applicants should go to Jobs page at http://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ to submit their application, cover letter and current resume by August 30, 2017. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
POSITION TITLE: Team Leader/Senior Water Resources Management Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Clean Energy and Water (CEW)
LOCATION: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
REPORTS TO: Project Director, Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP)
The Team Leader/Senior Water Resources Management Specialist will be the in-country manager for an anticipated 4-year pilot project that will create a stakeholder-driven water security improvement process in Cambodia, under the USAID-funded Sustainable Water Partnership (SWP).
The Team Leader/Senior Water Resources Management Specialist will have in-country responsibility for project management, representing the SWP Cambodia pilot project in meetings with USAID and development partners, managing project staff and budget, and coordinating and managing sub-award and consultant inputs. The Team Leader will oversee project activities, which will include initial workshops and trainings, conducting a water security risk assessment, identifying and engaging stakeholders, conducting a water security options analysis, and implementing and monitoring water security measures, likely in the Tonle Sap region. The Team Leader will be responsible for reporting and documenting results and progress against the project’s activity plan to the SWP Home Team.
Qualifications and Background:
- Master’s Degree in a water related field, such as engineering, hydrology, natural resource management/forestry science
- Minimum of ten (10) to twelve (12) years of progressively responsible experience in the water sector, including with water resource management efforts
- Experience managing and supporting donor-funded development projects and working with local stakeholders in Cambodia
- Experience working with USAID or other donors in Cambodia; knowledge of USAID project management and reporting requirements preferred
- Experience providing training and capacity building
- Experience performing water sector assessment and analysis exercises
- Experience responding to water sector threats, such as decreased water quality (e.g. increased sediment loads), land use changes (deforestation), and increased risks of flooding and drought
- Experience related to performing fieldwork in rural areas
- Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical standards at all times
- Working knowledge of basic computer programs, including MS Office Suite
- Working proficiency in English (verbal and written) required
- Ability to travel up to 50% in the field as necessary