Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for a Proposal Recruiter for its Human Resources unit. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
General: Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Salary: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications: Applicants may go to Winrock's Job Openings page at https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/ to complete an online application, submit a current resume and cover letter. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so interested applicants are encouraged to apply at their earliest convenience. EEO/AA.
Position Title: Proposal Recruiter
Location: Arlington, Virginia or Little Rock, Arkansas
Unit: Human Resources
Reports to: Senior Recruitment Officer, Global Human Resources
Winrock seeks an energetic and talented Proposal Recruiter to provide support in the recruitment function for New Business activities related to Winrock's key focus areas including agriculture, entrepreneurship and private sector development, climate change, clean energy, forests and natural resource management, water, youth and women's empowerment, workforce development, trafficking-in-persons (TIP), child labor, education, and institutional capacity development. The Proposal Recruiter will support the Sr. Recruitment Officer in identifying candidates for proposal development and project implementation, using: creative sourcing techniques; relationship management; developing and executing highly effective best practice sourcing. This position will report to the Senior Recruitment Officer.
- Support recruitment of candidates for Winrock's proposals to various donors, including screening applicants for posted positions, managing process of sharing candidates' qualifications/CVs with proposal teams and technical units for review, communicating and managing relationship with candidates during the full cycle proposal recruitment process.
- Implement strategies to develop a pipeline of qualified candidates in advance of need using a variety of approaches, including research on LinkedIn and other sources to identify new candidates on an ongoing basis and obtain their CVs to enter into the Professional Register.
- Research and recommend new sources for targeted passive candidate recruiting.
- Support the recruitment for proposal staffing and long-term project positions. Recruiting efforts include expatriate and third country national long-term staff, and short-term consultants as necessary.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Background:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in human resources, international development, business administration, education, or other relevant field of study required.
- Minimum two years of recruitment, research or staffing-related experience (recruitment, operations, human resources, market research or similar).
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills as well as organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and the ability to handle simultaneous priorities on a regular basis.
- Exposure to international development work and project implementation practices desired.
- Exposure to interviewing techniques, knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment, desired.
- Ability to identify and access new networks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while interacting with individuals from diverse backgrounds and ability to work under pressure with poise and professionalism.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications and database management.
- Fluency in English required.
- Verbal and written communication skills in French, Spanish, or Arabic would be an asset.
- Employment in the U.S. must not require sponsorship.