Proposal Coordinator, New Business - Arlington, VA
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Proposal Coordinator for the New Business Support Unit. The responsibilities, duties and qualifications for this position are described in the attached position description.
General: Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
Salary & Benefits: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance; retirement; and other normal Winrock benefits.
Applications: Applicants should go to Winrock's Jobs page at http://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/ to submit their application, cover letter and resume for the Proposal Coordinator, New Business position. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. EOE/AA
Position Title: Proposal Coordinator
Group: Business Development and External Affairs
Unit: New Business Support Unit
Reports to: Senior Director, Business Development
The Proposal Coordinator will support the New Business Support Unit in managing and scheduling proposal development meetings, identifying and executing consulting agreements, preparing stock documents for partner packets for Winrock proposals.
- Schedule meetings for key proposal development stages.
- Maintain a roster of proposal editors and graphic designers.
- Ensure editors and graphic designers are assigned to proposals.
- Draft and execute consulting agreements and ensure payment.
- Review and verify 1420 documents and rates.
- Develop augment partner package documents according to proposal type/needs.
- Ensure collaboration sites are created for proposals.
- Ensure the creation of cost codes for billing.
- Provide administrative support to Proposal Managers as requested.
Qualifications and Background:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Seeking candidates with six months to two years of experience in proposal management, administrative assistance, new business development, or similar field, OR candidates enrolled in an advanced degree program in international development, political science, public affairs with relevant experience in administration/scheduling related functions.
- Superior customer service, excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to engage professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Proven ability to establish and manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Excellent people skills with a professional demeanor and attributes.
- Exceptional attention to detail, self-motivated and ability to multi-task.
- Outstanding computer skills; high level of proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.