The primary purpose of this position is to support students and student performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Types and processes orders, reports, bibliographies, forms, library schedules, and cataloging forms.
2. Operates fax, copiers, and other office machines.
3. Receives and processes material and equipment purchased for the library and attaches these items to the catalog computer.
4. Assists students and teachers in the scheduling and use of audio visual equipment, computers, and integrated communication systems.
5. Assists students and teachers in the use of the computerized catalog e-mail, and the Internet.
6. Assists students and teachers in learning to use software systems and search skills.
7. Assists teachers and students in the location, circulation, and use of library media center resources.
8. Assists teachers and students in acquiring interlibrary loans.
9. Assists any member of the community as needed with library services and material.
10. Carries out the library program under the librarian's instruction when the librarian is off duty.
11. Helps with instructional skills under the supervision of the library and/or classroom teacher.
12. Maintains book shelves, periodical section, vertical files, and other areas of the library media center as assigned.
13. Assists the librarian in maintaining proper student discipline.
14. Assists in maintaining current inventory of supplies.
15. Monitors attendance in the library, registers patrons, and operates the circulation system.
16. Assists with the distribution of overdue notices and fines.
17. Makes simple repairs to damaged books and other material.
18. Assists in maintaining the general neatness and attractiveness of the library and its displays.
19. Assists in bi-annual inventory of library materials.
20. Upholds and adheres to safety rules and policies of the SISD safety program.
21. Supports the goals and objectives of the school district and follows all district policies.
22. Performs any other duties as assigned by the appropriate supervisor.
23. Demonstrates the ability to attend work on a regular and routine basis to avoid disruption to district operations.
24. Provides optimal customer service to all students, employees, parents, community members and any other stakeholders of the district.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment; builds a diverse workforce.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Associates Degree or 48 college credit hours
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must qualify for paraprofessional certificate
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Children's Guild demonstrates an awareness of, respect for, and attention to the diversity of the people with whom it interacts (persons served, personnel, families/caregivers, and other stakeholders) that are reflected in attitudes, organizational structures, policies, and services.