Matheson, Inc. is looking for an experienced Diesel Mechanic in our Denver, Co shop to help us as we expand to new heights and support our growing Service and Repair operations. Mechanics that are highly motivated and career minded are invited to come grow with us!
Diesel Mechanics play a key role in ensuring the day-to-day preventative maintenance and repair on tractors and trailers are successfully performed. This is a position requiring the ability to perform a heavy volume of repairs on a day-to-day basis.
The primary function of a Diesel Mechanic is to inspect, repair and maintain, in a safe, efficient, timely, cost-effective and practical manner, the equipment the Company uses to transport and handle goods.
What is the Matheson Inc. Advantage?
We manage a fleet of over 2,700 tractors, trailers and aircraft ground support equipment, as well as maintenance facilities across the United States. We have been an industry leader for over 40 years. Our fleet is comprised of diverse equipment including our new fleet of Kenworth T660 and T800 tractors —so you will have a working balance of today’s technology as well as mature model’s and work with some of the most experienced mechanics in the nation.
Matheson Inc. Benefit’s At a Glance:
- Complete Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Health and Wellness Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cellular phone discounts with some of the nation’s leading providers- Verizon, AT&T and more!
- Flexible Spending Account Programs - Health Care and Dependent Care
- Employee 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation Program
- Company-Paid and Optional Life Insurance Programs
- Short-Term and Long Term Disability Programs
- Immediate Medical/Life/Prescription/Dental & Vision coverage available
- Direct Deposit
- Diagnoses mechanical failures and repair tractor and trailer components according to manufacturer specifications
- Perform annual vehicle inspections, perform preventative maintenance based on pre-defined schedules
- Perform brake jobs to include air brake overhauls, measure brake lining thickness, drums, S Cams replacement, bushings, slack adjusters, and replace relay valves and air tanks
- Diagnose, isolate and repair lighting system to include shorts and open circuits, cab repairs, king pin replacements, steering problem diagnosis / repair, drive train component diagnosis and replacement, suspension diagnosis and repair
- Must be able to make adjustments to lift gate platform and its controls
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in reliable working order
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles with proper inspections
- Understand theory of operations and is capable of disassembling, assembling and troubleshooting all assigned products and systems
- Use good judgment in managing time, providing timely effective communication with management and , co-workers, other technicians/mechanics and drivers
- Perform starting and charging system diagnosis and repairs, cooling system diagnosis and repairs, routine electrical diagnosis and repairs, including the comprehension of common fault codes
- Performs safety inspections on equipment and prepare safety documents required by DOT, company and any other Federal, State or Local regulations
- Interprets repair orders and technical manuals
- Possess ability to connect to truck with a laptop and use OEM diagnostic software