Job Title: Senior International Tourism Sales Division/Department: Tourism Division Manager Reports to: Executive Director of Tourism FLSA Status: Exempt
The Senior International Tourism Sales Manager is responsible for the creation and execution of an international sales and marketing strategy in defined international markets that will maximize the potential room night production and attraction visitation levels as defined by the goals and objectives of the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau's Business Plan. The Senior International Tourism Sales Manager will also be measured through the submission of monthly sales activity reports (sales calls, tradeshow activity, generated leads/services etc.)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Design and implement an annual and ongoing sales & marketing plan for the international consumer, group and trade markets in assigned countries.
• Identify growth opportunities to increase and achieve targeted international room night goals through developing and executing various sales and marketing strategies.
• Consistently appraise the existing market segments and report to the Executive Director of Tourism concerning significant developments and make recommendations for actions to be implemented.
• Work daily with representation offices in designated countries to solicit new business opportunities that will
increase room nights and expand Philadelphia's image internationally.
Marketing & Promotions
• Work closely with Executive Director of Tourism and in-country representations offices to identify tour operator cooperative marketing and advertising opportunities.
• Work closely with the Marketing & Communications department to implement marketing and advertising programs with in the assigned markets.
• Coordinate implementation of special promotional events, sweep steaks, and contests.
Sales and Business Development
• Seek, qualify, and handle lead generation and distribution to PHLCVB members.
• Educate PHLCVB members about working with the international tourism trade to ensure they fully understand and embrace the benefits of working with this market.
• Provide PHLCVB members with (intercultural communication) tools to better service international customers to ensure all expectations are understood and exceeded.
• Coordinate sales calls and prepare presentations to key receptive tour operators in-country and participate in sales missions to tour operators abroad.
• Work with and build relationships with key receptive tour operators in the United States to increase Philadelphia's international market share. This includes making sales calls and attending industry events.
• Responsible for all aspects of industry tradeshow participation, including but not limited to selection of shows, overseeing booth design & development of collateral, setting up appointments, working with members for participation and follow up with lead distributions in designated countries.
• Work daily with assigned representation office to organize and facilitate trade familiarization tours.
Work directly with PHLCVB members in facilitating familiarization tours prior to guests arriving and while they are here in the Philadelphia region.
Organization and Reporting
• Serve as a spokesperson regionally to maintain international market awareness through industry meetings, PHLCVB events, networking, and committee participation.
• Maintain and report on monthly sales productivity information, including all sales activities, leads, and bookings.
• Manage monthly budget for assigned markets including processing invoices and check requests for assigned markets.
• Maintain proper control of internal systems including tracking of files, database management of customer files, activity reports, and other internal systems related to the direct sales efforts.
Bachelor's degree in related field from a four year college or university; five or more years of professional experience in the tourism industry.
• Ability to travel without restrictions internationally.
• Ability to work nights and weekends is a must.
(Approximately 25 % of time will be outside the office for tradeshows and conferences, supporting FAMS in Philadelphia, on appointments with members and clients and attending industry events.) • Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
• Team player with the ability to influence others in a positive manner.
• Experience with advertising, editing, proofing and e-marketing.
• Ability to communicate and work well in a professional team environment.
• Knowledge of Philadelphia including, history, hotels, attractions and special events and group venues.
• Knowledge of Philadelphia's key international feeder markets in Europe, Asia and Latin America.
• Bi-lingual/multi-lingual in at least one of the following: Russian, German, French, Italian, Spanish (Spain), Dutch, Japanese, Portuguese (Brazil) or Chinese. Must be able to read, write and communicate daily in language.
• Proficiency in e-mail and direct mail campaigns along with the development of itineraries, packages and familiarization tours.
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft office, PowerPoint, or presentation software along with knowledge of popular social media programs a must.
• Knowledge of IDSS is a plus.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive. You will perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor(s). The administration reserves the right to change or revise the job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.