Project Engineering Mechanic
AJM Packaging Corporation is a leading manufacturer of converted paper products, including paper plates, cups, bowls and bags. As we continue to grow and expand our operations, we are seeking a Machine Rebuild Mechanic with experience in a high speed and volume manufacturing environment. This position will be located in our Southgate, MI location and will report to the Plant Maintenance Manager. This position may require up to 25% Travel.
The Project Engineering Mechanic will be repair, retro-fit, maintain and/or install mechanical equipment and production machinery.
Position Requirements include:
- Fabricate and weld guards, brackets, panels and other machinery components.
- Fabricate and repair parts by using the following machine shop equipment: manual Bridgeport, lathe, drill press, cut off saw and grinders.
- Be able to read and work from shop fabrication drawings or prints.
- Dismantle and strip machinery to shell form in order to retro-fit to company requirements/needs.
- Partake in the installation and start-up of reconditioned and/or new equipment. Assist in the debugging of equipment after its initial start-up and thereafter as required.
- Troubleshoot production machinery and related equipment. Observe machine components, locate source(s) of the problem and make a determination of the trouble source and the necessary corrective action(s).
- Perform all other types maintenance-related work, whether by doing machine repair, tool & die repair, welding, cutting, installing, or any other projects requiring the contribution of the Rebuild department.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Three years or more of industrial maintenance experience preferred.
As an AJM employee, you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package including medical insurance, short-term disability, a 401(k) plan, and paid vacation days. For more information about the benefits package for this position, please speak to a Human Resources representative during the application process.
Recognizing that the skills and passion of our employees drive our continued success, we strive to hire top talent who share our vision and values. If you are interested in joining our team and finding your place at our growing company, apply today.