Since 1924, Friedman LLP has been much more than an accounting and consulting firm. We offer tax, accounting, auditing, forensic and management advisory services to publicly/privately held companies and individuals. Our accessibility, personal commitment, entrepreneurial spirit and specialized expertise exemplify the qualities of our client service. We've become our clients' trusted business partner while preserving the team-environment that has helped us prosper.
About the Position:
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of experience and will be responsible for planning and completing engagements, supervising staff, interacting with clients and preparing audit, review and compilation financial statements for clients in various industries.
- Prepares audits, reviews and compilations for clients in various industries including but not limited to SEC, middle market private and small business
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting and audit issues
- Assisting the Senior and/or Manager in planning, fieldwork and wrap-up
- Prepare financial statements and evaluate internal controls
- Becoming a main client contact on engagements; communicate effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel
- Communicate with Senior and/or Manager on work status and client issues that arise
- Train and mentor audit staff
- Prepare tax returns (individual, corporate and partnership) for various industries as needed
- Acting as the Senior on smaller engagements, leading a team and beginning to review workpapers of staff.