Summary Position Statement:
This position is responsible for performing ground maintenance and landscaping duties as assigned including but not limited to cutting and trimming grass with specified power equipment, edging sidewalks, pulling weeds, raking lawn debris, and picking up trash.
It may also include applying fertilizer, weed killer, and moss remover.
• Cut grass with power mower
• Trim grass with power trimmer
• Rake lawn debris with hand and power rake
• Pick up trash on lawn, in and under hedges, and in flower beds
• Plant flowers and shrubs
• Remove small trees
• Trim hedges and bushes with manual and power equipment
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
• Apply fertilizer and other lawn care chemicals as requested
• Understand and comply with all agency policies and procedures.
• Ensure confidentiality as prescribed by agency policy and federal/state law.
• Maintain and promote a positive professional working relationship with all employees.
• Attends and participates in meetings, committees, and training as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to safely use a power mower, power trimmer and other power tools associated with landscaping duties
• Ability to use a variety of hand tools associated with landscaping duties
• Good communication skills
• Ability to follow verbal and written directions
• Ability to lift, pull, and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds
• At least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
Physical Requirements: Physical Requirements: Considerable physical activity. Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing or pulling required of objects up to 50 pounds. Physical work is a primary (more than 79%) of the job.
Working Conditions: Work is performed at facilities in which REACH has landscaping contracts. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or
loud noises. Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
Conditions of Employment
1) Must pass the pre-employment background check and maintain the ability to pass throughout employment with REACH.
2) Complete a TB screening within 30 days and maintain annually thereafter.