Senior Technical Expert for Promoting Green Growth in Peru
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the Cambodia-based position of Senior Technical Expert for the anticipated Promoting Green Growth in Peru project. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
General: Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. Winrock matches innovative approaches in agriculture, natural resources management, clean energy, and leadership development with the unique needs of its partners. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Salary & Benefits: The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Applications: Applicants should go to www.winrock.org to the Jobs link and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing “Peru Senior Technical Expert” by July 31, 2017. Winrock thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted. Peruvian nationals residing in Peru are encouraged to apply.
Position Title: Senior Technical Expert, Promoting Green Growth in Peru
Location: Lima, Peru
Department: Forestry and Natural Resource Management Unit
Reports to: Chief of Party, Promoting Green Growth in Peru
Winrock International is seeking Senior Technical Expert candidates for an anticipated program in Peru on Green Growth. This position will be based in Lima, Peru. The anticipated project will reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from land use change. The activity will ensure that key Peruvian stakeholders (including central and sub-national government agencies and ministries) have the tools and coordination capacities to design and implement low emissions development strategies (LEDS) and actions at the national and sub-national levels to achieve Peru emissions reduction targets and sustainable growth goals. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Provide technical and managerial leadership to achieve an integrated vision among different components and actors.
- Liaison with the government officials at national and local levels, and with USAID, other donors, multilateral institutions, non-governmental organizations, and the private sector.
- Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff.
- Manage subcontracts and sub-grants with local partners, ensure deliverables are met.
- Monitor program indicators, evaluate program results and make recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
- Analyze project impact and challenges to adaptively manage the project to meet or exceed results.
- Ensure women and marginalized groups are participants in the project.
- Coordinate the preparation of and submission to USAID of program deliverables, including annual work plan, progress reports, technical reports and other project deliverables.
- Manage performance monitoring and evaluation to ensure project targets are met or exceeded.
- Establish and maintain contacts with partners to ensure coordinated implementation of project activities.
- Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
- Represent Winrock at meetings and events and keep HQ informed of developments. Work at the regional, government and community levels, coordinating broad-based policy dialogue and capacity building, as well as targeted community-level interventions.
Qualifications & Background:
- Advanced degree in Earth Sciences, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Agriculture, Resource Economics, Governance or other relevant International Development field.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing complex international development programs in a supervisory role required.
- Demonstrated technical experience on USAID-funded climate change, environment, agriculture, natural resource management, and/or biodiversity projects is strongly preferred.
- Experience working to build institutional capacity of government counterparts at the national and subnational level.
- Experience working with diverse actors on public private partnerships.
- Experience working in complex environments, with experience in Peru strongly preferred.
- Technical understanding of green growth and land use change issues.
- Energetic and dynamic approach to building partnerships and promoting innovative program initiatives.
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to build coalitions and networks that can provide synergies and sustainable solutions.
- Strong management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills (word-processing, spreadsheets, and databases) are required.
- Fluency in English and Spanish is required.