Provide friendly and courteous service to all Guests. Ensure timely and efficient service to Slot Guests, continually monitoring slot area looking to service Guests on all their needs while playing the slot machines. Must understand basic technical aspects of the slot machines and know payouts to provide appropriate service and explanations to the Guests. Work as a team with other Associates to provide optimal Guest Satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Ensure relationship building with every Guest on every interaction through the following steps: Always greet the Guest in a friendly fashion, ensuring eye contact and a smile. Take care of the Guest's needs. Close with a friendly comment.
- Provide prompt, courteous, and efficient service to the Guests on all their needs while playing the slot machines.
- Ensure that slot area is clean and comfortable for the Guests, including temperature, sound levels, and safety issues.
- Monitor all slot equipment ensuring that it is functioning properly, and communicate concerns in the appropriate fashion.
- Understand the technical aspects of the equipment, to complete all service functions and processes properly and efficiently.
- Keep abreast of new slot machines and physical locations of slot equipment, along with Marketing promotions and events, and actively inform and educate the Guests.
- Know and comply with all department and company internal controls and procedures. Accountable for all assigned company assets, and must verify funds appropriately and ensure necessary authorizations.
- Keep open lines of communications with fellow Associates and Supervisors, and ensure that necessary information is communicated to appropriate Staff members.
- Promote an environment of teamwork with all casino Associates and treat everyone with mutual respect and courtesy.
- Must adhere to policies or performance of duties to ensure ongoing Title 31/BSA compliance.
- Responsible for following all relevant DGR's.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
THE COMPANY REQUIRES EVERY ASSOCIATE TO:
- Maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Encourage mutual respect among Associates by setting positive examples.
- Maintain a professional reputation in the company and community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or ability to pass our Basic Skills Assessment.
- Previous work experience in customer/Guest service industry preferred.
- Must be able to pass company pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test.
- Must be able to secure license from Gaming Regulatory Authority.
- Mille Lacs Band Member and American Indian preference will be exercised in the hiring process.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and/or small group situations to Guests and Associates of the company.
- Ability to apply basic math functions of addition/subtraction and to multiply/divide.
- Ability to perform these operations by using units of American money.
- Ability to apply practical understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to
- Stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear, must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- walk in excess of 6 miles per shift each day.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Associate regularly works near moving mechanical parts.
- Ability to work in a casino environment, which may include loud noise levels and second hand smoke.