Job Title: Agronomy Location Manager
This position is responsible to direct, promote and coordinate the location operations in a manner that will optimize MVC's market share and net savings. The manager will be promoting and supporting Mountain View Co-op portfolio of agronomy products including, fertilizer, crop protection products, seed and services to improve the producer's production efficiency and profitability. This position will ensure compliance with Mountain View Co-op's policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILILITIES
- Promote, sell, support and implement a 'Whole Crop Production' agronomy department philosophy with respect to crop nutrients, crop protection products, seed and service
- Work with Agronomy management in developing and implementing marketing plans and sales programs for producers
- Maintain an open, honest and efficient communications dialogue with location employees, management and administration staff.
- Interact and maintain a positive relationship with producers to exchange crop production information that will/can be used to develop total farm plans and crop production strategies for those producers to enhance profitability.
- Keep current on technological advancements and innovations in production agriculture.
- Attend pertinent training seminars.
- Prepares the various reports for management on an as needed basis.
- Maintain all necessary files, documents and correspondence in complete and accurate system in accordance with Mountain View Co-op's policies.
- Knowledge of MVC's products at specific location and their purpose.
- Skilled at / Able to Maintain and increase Profitability and Sales of department location.
- Able to supervise and manage staffing at location, delegate workload, and uphold MVC policies.
- Able to hire operations staff.
- Report monthly Inventory, complaints, daily invoicing.
- Maintain and establish effective utilization of all facilities, equipment, inventory and other assets.
- Assist in competitive market analysis to maintain margins for MVC, to include but not limited to retail and service pricing.
- Order necessary inventory as needed
- Communicate and assist in the scheduling and delivery of product and service
- Process A/P invoices, stock additions, sales invoices, time sheets, credit applications.
- Able to use / learn software programs that are specific to MVC and industry.
- Maintain and establish a positive experience to our clients, to include but not limited to location cleanliness, personal hygiene, and professional phone etiquette.
- Reconcile and report customer issues and concerns
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of customer records
- Provide daily feedback to Division Manager
- Responsible for monitoring and /or processing bank deposit daily
- Knowledge of Profit and Loss analysis
- Maintain and implement company's credit policy
- Monitor customer's AR accounts on a regular basis and assist is collections when needed.
Other Areas of Responsibility
- Assist and manage facility and equipment maintenance
- Participate and Maintain necessary safety training and meetings
- Daily use of necessary computer programs specific to MVC
- Provide all necessary training to employees
- Assist in other duties that may be assigned to meet business needs.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma Post high school courses in Agronomy and Agriculture preferred.
Minimum Experience: 3 to 5 years’ experience in Agronomy and Agriculture preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Must be able to work independently, efficiently and handle multiple priorities. Must have a high level of interpersonal skills. Planning and organization must have the ability to plan and manage multiple projects. Strong customer orientation. Attention to detail. Strong team leader and player.
Other qualifications: Efficient in the use of computer automated systems and software, including WORD and EXCEL. Willingness to work hours required of this position during peak season.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel as classified.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.