General Motors Rochester has needs for qualified Electrician Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision, the Electrician Journeyperson is responsible for layout, installation, repair and preventative maintenance of complicated electrical equipment and circuits, troubleshooting and technical expertise on control systems.
- Follow complex and detailed safety processes.
- Analyze and troubleshoot electrical malfunctions, diagnosing and correcting the problems quickly to avoid production delays.
- Utilize skills with Allen-Bradley industrial PLC systems, Cognex machine vision, and Fanuc robotics to improve uptime and resolve issues.
- Read and interpret drawings and wiring schematics.
- Perform electrical maintenance on screw machines, high speed assembly automation, injection mold machines, and precision grinders.
- Willingness to work autonomously and maturely with other trades and production team members.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate as an Electrician or six (6) years of documented experience as an industrial electrician (notarized documentation required)
- Ability to work any shift and work some overtime including daily, weekend, and holidays
Applicants must be:
- At least 18 years of age;
- Eligible to work in the United States;
- Submit to a drug test and background check.
General Motors offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant
Location: Rochester, NY
EEO Clause: The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected veteran status.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://generalmotors-skilledtrades.appone.com/