Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor for Guatemala Sustainable Forest Management and Water Activity
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor with the anticipated Guatemala Sustainable Forest Management and Water Activity project under the Forestry & Natural Resource Management (FNRM) Unit. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications are described in the attached position description. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
General: Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Salary & Benefits: The salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits.
Applications: Applicants should go to the “Jobs” link at www.winrock.org and submit a current resume and cover letter referencing “Guatemala Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor”. Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted. EEO/AA.
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor, Guatemala Sustainable Forest Management and Water Activity
Unit: Forestry & Natural Resource Management
Reports to: Chief of Party, Guatemala Sustainable Forest Management and Water Activity
Winrock is seeking Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor candidates for an anticipated program in Guatemala on the Sustainable Forest Management and Water Activity. This position will be based in Guatemala. The anticipated project(s) will Support Guatemala to develop a comprehensive approach to mitigate and adapt to climate change by improving natural resource management, building technical and institutional capacity, and supporting the implementation of legal and policy frameworks. Position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
- Develop and implement the Guatemala Sustainable Forest Management and Water Activity monitoring and evaluation plan (AMEP)
- Design monitoring and evaluation tools and processes
- Ensure timely collection, verification and analysis of data for all program indicators and their timely delivery for quarterly and other required reports to USAID
- Monitor project progress toward results
- Supervise timely and accurate reporting of quantitative and qualitative data by program implementing partners, in cooperation with program staff
- Validate data from program partners and staff, including through field monitoring visits
- Prepare interpretation tools (e.g. tables and charts) of data extracted from the project database as needed
- Identify, document and share learnings identified through monitoring to inform program planning and disseminate them to inform adaptive management
- Build the capacity of local staff and implementing partners to carry out data collection and M&E reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Background:
- Master’s degree preferred in monitoring and evaluation, statistics, research methods, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of monitoring and evaluation experience demonstrating increased level of responsibility
- Demonstrated experience translating and applying data and findings from GIS data, analysis, and other sources into program actions
- Ability to articulate technical information effectively to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Technical understanding of forestry, agriculture, and climate change issues
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures as related to monitoring and evaluation preferred
- Ability to diplomatically supervise staff and coordinate programs with partners from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences
- Fluency in written and oral English and Spanish is required.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, caste, tribe, age (40 or older), disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Winrock International recommends that you read the following notices provided by the United States Government before applying:
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law - Supplement
Your Rights Under the Family and Medical Leave Act
Your Rights Under the Polygraph Protection Act
Your Rights Under the Fair Labor Standards Act