Summary Position Statement:
These positions offer applicants meaningful employment and desirable hours; with the potential opportunity for advancement and full-time employment. These positions may be part-time, half-time, or temporary. Under general supervision, the custodians perform a variety of janitorial and maintenance duties. In addition, custodians are to promote workplace safety at all times, a positive working relationship with all staff, adhere to all agency policies and procedures, and to attend meetings and training sessions necessary.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Dust and mop Finish and buff floors
- Carpet care: vacuum and shampoo
- Restroom Facilities: restock toilet paper, soap supplies, empty trash, bag trash for proper disposal
- Equipment and supplies: ensure proper care and maintenance
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote workplace safety
- Promote positive working relationship with all staff
- Adhere to all agency policies and procedure
- Attend meetings and training sessions necessary
Education & Experience:
- Previous custodial work experience preferred, but not required.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred, but not required.
- Applicants will be required to undergo a successful criminal background check, prior to employment. Applicants who experience a documented disability (from a broad range of qualifying disabilities) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- TB clearance required within 30 days of hire.
- Sucessful fingerprint and background check clearance required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Physical Requirements:
- Ability to be a self-starter who is conscientious and able to perform job duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to perform routine, moderately physical work
- Key qualities are dependability, honesty and reliability.
Please Note: REACH, Inc maintains a Drug-Free Workplace; and applicants may be required to submit to pre-employment drug screening as a condition of employment