Matheson Inc. is looking for experienced On-Call Class A Driver who is self-motivated and career-minded in San Jose, CA
Must be willing/able to operate in a 24/7 365 environment.
We are a diversified national transportation carrier proudly serving the United States Postal Services since 1964. As a business partner of the United States Postal Service, Matheson is committed to the belief that service must be reliable, convenient, and must improve continuously.¯ We take pride in the fact that our service is consistently at or above the 99% performance level.
Class A Drivers play a vital role in ensuring the company's continued success. This position requires a person to be dependable, focused on safety and requires a person be flexible and cooperative.
- The Sacramento Ca, terminal is in need for part-time casual drivers to cover extra trips requested by the United States Post Office and to cover vacations, including driver call offs.
- Average hours per week: Varies
- Shift: Varies
- Days on: Varies
- Days off: Varies
- Check the vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions in a safe manner.
- Electronically maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to any equipment immediately.
- Operate equipment such as truck cab computers, and telephones to exchange necessary information with our 24/7 control center.
- Perform basic vehicle maintenance tasks such as adding oil, fuel, radiator fluid, etc.
- Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure there is no damage.
- Crank trailer landing gear up or down to safely secure vehicles.
- Load and unload trucks, help others with loading and unloading, operate any special loading related equipment on vehicles and use other equipment safely as necessary.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs such as installing head lamps and/or tire chains etc.
- Plan or adjust routes based on changing conditions using our Onboard GPS systems or other navigation devices to minimize fuel consumption.
- CDL Driver's License
- 1 year recent Class A driving experience
- Clean MVR
- Ability to pass the USPS background check and a DOT physical including functional capacity exam and drug screen
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
$ 20.98 PER HOUR + BENEFITS