About the Position
A leading professional services firm in Manhattan is seeking a Marketing Writer/Communications Specialist. You will be responsible for writing, editing, and managing a wide array of marketing content-including articles, newsletters, website, proposals, and social media-and broadening the impact of the firm's communications programs.
• Managing newsletter calendar & production from inception to production with industry editorial committees; includes writing and editing articles
• Developing, writing, and editing proposals, and other sales support materials
• Writing and overseeing website content
• Managing content and distribution of social media postings and campaigns
• Writing brochures, ads, press releases, presentations, client stories, and other marketing collateral
• Creating/overseeing internal communications, including internal marketing newsletter and email communications
• Coordinating with outside PR firm to secure opportunities and pitch articles/topic ideas to publications
• Ensuring all communications meet corporate branding and editorial standards, including aligning with the firm's messaging
• Collaborating with the Chief Marketing Officer and Marketing Managers on the development of new communications/outreach initiatives
• Developing new uses, strategies, and tools for digital communications
• Working on special projects, as needed, such as research studies, white papers, email campaigns, webinars, etc.
• Working with SEO agency on content strategy
• Evaluating the programs based on key metrics and optimize them over time to ensure success
• Collaborating with freelance designers and writers
• Assisting with other marketing initiatives, as needed
Skills and qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field
• 5-7 years' experience in a related role
• Superior writing, editing, proof reading and oral communications skills, with an ability to synthesize and customize content based on the target audience, type of communication, and objective
• Ability to make complex, technical content interesting and understandable for any audience
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Strong attention to detail with love of language and proof reading
• Experience in executing editorial and content strategies across social and web channels.
• Proficiency with digital communication methods
• Ability to collaborate with a variety of individuals, including senior executives, and build consensus to execute projects
• Enthusiasm for learning new techniques to engage audiences through content
• Creative thinker and willingness to communicate ideas
• Strong knowledge of MS office
• Experience managing external vendors and agencies preferred
• Knowledge of Constant Contact, CMS platforms, design programs, and/or Salesforce is a plus
**Please provide a writing sample with your application.