Since 1924, Friedman LLP has been much more than an accounting and consulting firm. We offer tax, accounting, auditing, forensic, litigation support and valuation services, and management advisory services to publicly held and private companies and individuals. Our accessibility, personal commitment, entrepreneurial spirit and specialized expertise are highly valued by our clients. We've become our clients' trusted business partner while preserving the team environment that has helped us prosper.
About the Position:
The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of experience, a minimum of 4 of which will have included full-time work in Forensic Accounting, Litigation Support and Valuation Services ('FLVS').
• Prepare different types of litigation engagements, tax-related valuations as well as valuations for financial reporting purposes
• Manage engagements involving matrimonial and commercial litigation, including regular interface with high-end divorce attorneys and sophisticated financial services professionals
• Operate as the ‘right-hand' of the Practice Leader
• Improve the engagement management process in order to produce reports more quickly and to a higher standard of Quality Control
• Supervise work of staff who are both full-time and part-time
• Take initiative in other areas (e.g., marketing and business development) as workload permits
• Ad hoc assignments as needed
• At least 6 years experience, 4 of which have been in the FLVS space
• Bachelor's degree required
• CPA required.
• BV credential required (ABV , ASA, or CVA)
• Excellent quantitative skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong management skills; capable of simultaneously managing multiple engagements, the number of which will be a function of the size of each engagement
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Superior organizational skills
• Ability to work independently but able to support partners