Since 1924, Friedman LLP has been much more than an accounting and consulting firm. We offer tax, accounting, auditing, forensic and management advisory services to publicly/privately held companies and individuals. Our accessibility, personal commitment, entrepreneurial spirit and specialized expertise exemplify the qualities of our client service. We've become our clients' trusted business partner while preserving the team-environment that has helped us prosper.
About the Position:
The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience and will be responsible for overseeing, planning and reviewing assignments; supervising staff, interacting with clients, tax preparation and review, and ensuring the completion of all engagements for clients in various industries.
- Demonstrates thorough technical knowledge of accounting standards and reporting standards in researching, completing and reviewing technical areas.
- Identifies tax risk management issues and proposes potential solutions through research and collaboration with Engagement Partner
- Reviews tax procedures, engagement workpapers and financial statements without supervision
- Completes thorough review of tax workpapers on a timely basis and assures audit evidence is in accordance with firm's documentation standards
- Addresses questions on advanced technical accounting matters from team members and upper level client management
- Advanced level tax preparation skills
- Monitors that tasks are assigned and completed on a timely basis and reviews workflow
- Oversee Seniors and Staff coordinating the day-to-day duties of planning, tax work, and wrap-up
- Manages multiple assignments inside an engagement
- Communicates with Partner on work status and client issues that arise
- Conducts research, consults with team members, draws conclusions and prepares memos based on target issues
- Advanced knowledge of applicable accounting software (e.g. ProSystem Tax, Engagement, etc.)
- Ability to lead small to medium sized engagements with finalized document and report requiring minimal change upon review
- Top review of returns, workpapers, and issues
- Primary client contact and liaison for complex issues that staff are unable to resolve; communicate effectively with clients and develop positive relationships with client personnel
- Supervise, train and mentor tax staff
- Keep up to date on industry laws and regulations
No agencies please.