Friedman LLP, a prestigious public accounting firm in the tristate area, is assisting our client, AIGA- The Professional Association for Design in the identification of a Senior Accountant.
As the profession’s oldest and largest professional membership organization for design—with 70 chapters and more than 25,000 members—we advance design as a professional craft, strategic advantage, and vital cultural force. From content that defines the global practice to events that connect and catalyze, we work to enhance the value and deepen the impact of design across all disciplines on business, society, and our collective future.
This position is looking for a motivated senior accountant with experience in the non-profit environment.
Specific accounting responsibilities:
• Manage day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, A/R, journal entries, and bank reconciliation in accordance to GAAP.
• Prepare Journal Entries for prepaid expense, deferred revenue and payroll cash accounts.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly financial reports, including standard financial reports, budget vs. actual reports and grant-specific financial reports.
• Receive and deposit all organizational revenue.
• Perform annual 1099 reporting process for vendors.
• Work closely with outside CPA to execute month-end closing procedures and postings.
• Support Controller in development and analysis of annual organization budget.
• Maintain accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls.
• Be key interface with banks and be responsible for cash management (e.g. anticipating cash needs and transferring funds to ensure sufficient cash available at all times).
• Perform non-routine tasks requiring strong judgment and initiative.
• Accounting degree or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years’ work experience in a nonprofit
• Knowledge of NetSuite accounting software
• Strong Excel skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Attention to detail, strong communication, and problem solving skills
• Commitment to the principles of a global community of design advocates and practitioners