Do you love working with students? Are you interested in STEAM education? The goal of the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation and its educational programs is to bring architecture, design, and the legacy of Frank Lloyd Wright to the K-12 audiences.
Based at Taliesin West in Scottsdale, Arizona, the Summer Camp Instructor is responsible for leading in the preparation and facilitation of developmentally-appropriate Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Mathematics ( STEAM) camp programs for children in grades 2-10. During camp sessions, the Summer Camp Instructor will teach the summer camp curriculum, supervise students in their activities, communicate tasks to the students, and assist in camp preparation and follow-up tasks. He/she will guide participants’ individual discovery of program topics and be responsible for care of groups of children. He/she will prepare the classroom for the day, lead lessons, classroom management, and work directly with the kids on a wide variety of projects and activities.
In an initial meeting with Taliesin West K-12 staff, the Summer Camp Teaching Instructor will be introduced to the respective camp curricula and become familiar with camp outline, goals, timeline, and tasks.
***Candidates MUST be available during all of the following weeks***
· Design Your Dream Space for grades 5-8 (June 12-16, July 10-14, July 31-August 4)
· Architectural Discovery for grades 2-4 (June 5-9, June 26-30, July 24-28)
· Wright for the Future for grades 5-10 (June 19-23, July 17-21)
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
· Physical Demands: While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and consistently talk and hear, and taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://FrankLloydWrightFoundation.appone.com