Senior Transaction Advisor (Consultant) - Nigeria
Effective with the release of this consultant announcement, Winrock International will be recruiting applicants for the Senior Transaction Advisor. The responsibilities, level of effort, duties and qualifications for this consultancy are described in the attached Scope of Work.
General: Winrock is a recognized leader in U.S. and international development with a focus on social and environmental issues. As a mission driven, field-based organization, we believe that sustainable development is inclusive and that complex challenges require integrated solutions. Winrock embraces continuous quality improvement and a culture of impact, accountability and entrepreneurship.
Applications: Applicants should go to Winrock's Job Openings page at https://www.winrock.org/join-us/careers/job-openings/ to submit their application, cover letter and resume for this consultancy. Winrock International is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
SCOPE OF WORK
Position Title: Senior Transaction Advisor
Project: USAID REEP
Location: Abuja and Lagos, Nigeria
Length of Effort: April 1 – December 31, 2017 (90 working days)
Department: Clean Energy, Environment and Water unit
Reports to: Chief of Party
An international development organization is seeking a consultant to act as Senior Transaction Adviser in the RE/EE sector for a multi-year development program in Nigeria. The project is focused on the development and financing of renewable energy (RE) and energy efficiency (EE) markets; strengthening of the current policy and regulatory environment for public and private sector investment; and development and enhancement of the capacity of key stakeholders, including financial institutions, RE and EE firms, agribusinesses and health care facilities, universities and vocational institutes, and government.
The consultant will provide support to Winrock International’s REEEP by acting as the transaction adviser for the REEEP project. As transaction adviser the consultant will oversee the projects that enter the REEEP pipeline and provide advisory services to facilitate their financial closure.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for:
- Identify and interact directly with relevant local banks, stakeholders, community members, and project developers to support them in their credit application process.
- Identifying and engaging possible candidates for RE/EE bank loans and work with them to achieve financial closure.
- Work with REEEP partner banks in diverse areas such as client targeting for RE/EE, project problem resolution and follow up on individual loans.
- Drafting and reviewing technical reports and concept notes, as necessary
- Represent REEEP at different stockholders meetings and increase awareness of the RE/EE sector as well as REEEP activities.
- Support to the COP and other Winrock staff.
- Other tasks, as necessary
- The consultant MUST provide a monthly consultant report with brief written updates (one page, not to exceed two pages), which include the following: summary of work performed, project pipeline updates with current status and meetings held with contact information.
Location of Assignment
- The assignment will be conducted at the Winrock office in Abuja and in Lagos, Nigeria. Travel within Nigeria is envisaged.
- The Consultant will report to the Chief of Party (COP).
- MBA or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Environment, Engineering or other related field is required.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of professional experience with in renewable energy and project development. Demonstrated understanding of renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies, and related experience in finance, policy, and capacity building.
- Experience writing academic papers is required. Proper referencing of all sources is a must.
- Experience with USAID and/or other international program management will be an added advantage.
- A professional qualification is desirable.
- High Information Technology literacy.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Writing samples required.
- Ability to maintain the highest ethical standards at all times.