This position performs maintenance service and light repairs in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, painting, plastering, machine service, electrical, tile work, furniture repair, upholstery, welding, and/or vehicle servicing. Always presents a friendly and professional image at the casino.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
1. Performs minor and routine painting, plumbing, electrical wiring, and other related maintenance activities under the guidance and supervision of the Facilities Shift Manager.
2. Repairs furniture, doors, windows, cabinet work, small appliances and equipment; replaces light bulbs, filters, dimmers, locks and other duties as assigned by shift supervisor.
3. Diagnoses and resolves minor facility or equipment problems with or without assistance.
4. Assists with furniture set-up and construction, office moves, changes, and redesign.
5. Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating, and ventilating equipment.
6. Assures prompt, courteous service to all customers, internal and external.
7. Operates within the safety rules and codes set by the company.
8. Operates company vehicles to perform service for the company.
9. Additional duties as assigned and necessary.
This classification is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by MCNC. As a “safety sensitive” classification, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read, write and understand English.
Basic computer skills, including email, time-clocks/electronic time-clocks.
1 year experience in facilities maintenance required, and
Training in at least one technical area above, e.g.; electrician, plumber, etc
Class II or III Casino experience preferred.