Organize, manage and supervise the manufacturing and distribution of products on the assigned shift which meet all quality and product design specifications while delivering balanced business results in safety, people, quality, service, speed, and cost key performance indicators (KPI’s).
· Meet OSHA safety standards.
· Maintain superior scores on AIB and/or related food safety audits.
· Meet or exceed all customer qualification inspections and requirements.
· Ensure compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
· Forecast weekly and monthly production requirements
· Schedule production and labor to meet sales requirements.
· Facilitate equipment downtime for scheduled maintenance activities.
· Ensure there are no lost accounts based on quality or product availability.
· Identify, report and explain production variances and develop action plans to improve.
· Seek and utilize employee input to improve procedures and processes.
· Adapt processes to suit different raw materials.
· Develop and implement action plans to improve department KPI’s in safety, people, quality, service, speed and cost.
· Manage implementation of technical process innovations.
· Provide on-the-floor troubleshooting and coaching skills.
· MBWA – Manage By Walking Around
Budgeting & Cost Control
· Formulate and execute yearly production budget for department.
· Identify and justify capital projects to help control costs.
· Operate within budgetary guidelines on an ongoing basis.
· Identify potential machine failures and coordinate preventive maintenance accordingly.
· Maintain records as required by QC Department.
· Maintain production logs and related files/paperwork.
· Uphold all quality control and HAACP and GMP standards.
· Maintain a clean work area within the department per sanitation standards.
· Assure that all finished product is properly labeled and is marked with an accurate and legible lot code.
· Contact suppliers regarding food safety/quality issues.
· Participate in HACCP program as necessary.
Purchasing/Material Resource Planning
· Maintain at least minimal inventories to meet production needs while keeping working capital to a minimum level.
· Maintain vendor relationships to ensure timely deliveries.
Plant & Employee Safety
· Coordinate on the job training of each individual.
· Enforce compliance with Company Safety and Sanitation policies.
· Identify and respond to potential safety hazards.
· Reduce accident incident rate to meet department standards.
· Manage factored goods inventory levels for the plant.
· Effectively communicate with the shipping personnel to ensure execution of the daily schedule.