Matheson Flight Extenders has immediate openings for Part-Time Ramp Agents.
Do you love working in a fast-paced and exciting environment? Do you thrive on productivity? Do you possess exceptional hand eye coordination?
If you answered ‘YES’ and meet the following requirements, then we want to talk to you! We encourage you to join a company that values individuality, appreciates the qualities of a valuable employee and provides training opportunities for the purpose of offering achievable advancement.
Matheson Flight Extenders specializes in terminal handling and ground support services for the United States Postal Service (USPS) and other commercial carriers.
Ramp Agents must be able to think on their feet and work quickly in a demanding position. We value our Ramp Agents and their role is imperative in contributing to the companies continued success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Operating ground handling equipment for the loading and unloading of a 747 international cargo aircraft.
- Load/unload palletized freight using deck loaders, belly loaders, tugs, and forklifts.
- Transport it between aircraft and airport terminals, air cargo facilities, and other aircraft;
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags
- Operate and fuel motorized equipment including cargo and belt loaders, lift trucks, ramp tractors and aircraft loading systems
- People oriented, highly motivated with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Ability to perform in a fast paced environment while maintaining a professional and effective approach to high-stress situations
- Varied work schedule may include weekends, holidays, or evenings as the operation requires
- Familiarity with hub airport operations
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a stressful environment
- Ability to communicate in a positive and effective manner with subordinates peers and all other department personnel.
- Position requires extremely strenuous physical work involving objects in excess of 100 pounds occasionally and/or excess of 50 pounds frequently
Physical Work Environment:
- Outside Work Environment subject to adverse weather conditions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Airline ramp experience preferred
- Pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screening
- Clear a 10-year background check
- Be able to repetitively lift up to 70 pounds
- Have authorization to work in the United States
AM/PM Shifts available
Monday - 4:00 AM - 7:00 AM
Tuesday - Friday - 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Monday - Friday - 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM
* Start and end times may vary depending on operational demands*
Matheson Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.