· Engineer control system architectures for aerospace vehicle systems to satisfy mission and customer requirements.
· Analyze and refine closed-loop control performance to maximize aerospace vehicle performance and dynamic response.
· Ability to implement control theory in algorithmic form using a variety of computer programming languages.
· Designs navigation and sensor fusion techniques to provide required state data for closed-loop control of aerospace vehicles.
· Can implement and utilize COTS/GOTS sensors for aerospace vehicle control systems.
· Develops user interface software to adjust/display/communicate with control systems on aerospace vehicles in a real-time interactive format.
· Understands aerospace system software requirements as it pertains to software safety of aerospace vehicles and flight clearances.
· Has a working knowledge of digital computer and sensor electronics and the hardware which the control algorithms are implemented on.
· Provides system wide trades to aerospace vehicle design as it pertains to closed-loop control and vehicle stability and dynamic response.
· Writes and publishes results of control system experiments on aerospace vehicle systems.
· Has a thorough theoretical mathematical background in flight dynamics and control of dynamical systems.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and possess active secret security clearance. The position is contingent upon contract award to EHS.