Bottling Maintenance Mechanic-Ceres, CA, US
JOB STATEMENT: The Bottling Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for maintaining Bottling and packaging equipment at maximum operating efficiency.
· Diagnose, analyze and investigate malfunction of plant packaging equipment and repair/adjust in order to keep in good operating condition.
· Trouble shoots equipment, making repair / adjustments as necessary for maximum operating efficiency.
· Replace / repair motors, gear boxes, drive units and all other packaging equipment components as required.
· Monitor equipment performance and report any inefficiencies caused by equipment or materials used.
· Packaging equipment changeovers for different size containers or components.
· Maintain any assigned records or downtime logs of equipment malfunction or component parts used for repair.
· Work bench repair work including grinding, cutting and welding.
· Fabrication and installation of packaging equipment as required.
· Keeping all tools, carts and maintenance equipment clean and properly stored.
· Packaging equipment operations and energy sources.
· Good practical welding and fabrication techniques.
· Safe use of all power tools, presses, jacks, hoists, etc.
· Fabrication / construction / installation
· Reading and understanding diagrams and drawings.
· Plan and schedule assigned duties.
· Work independently with minimal supervision.
· Interact effectively with other works effectively with other works and supervisors.
· Work at various heights and awkward positions.
· Frequently lift / move heavy objects up to 70 lb.
· Carry tool pouch weighing approximately 20 lb.
· Follow verbal and written instructions.
· Lift up to 50-75 lbs.
· Excellent eye/hand coordination
· Frequent standing
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:
· Side shield safety glasses, head/ear protection, high-visibility vest and proper footwear when in production facility.