Forklift Driver-Napa, CA, US
A forklift driver must have working knowledge of all production operations from beginning to end. Must understand all material needs for each area of the production process. Working knowledge of all line needs and appropriate supplies for each area is necessary. Must operate all lifts safety in all locations of the winery. In addition, must follow all Production and Shipping Department procedures and safety guidelines. Must meet all forklift safety requirements at all times. Must wear safety glasses, earplugs and seat belts while on the forklift and in the production or recycling areas. Also, must be able to rotate shifts if needed by Management, as well as work weekends, holidays and overtime when necesssary.
- Drive all forks, squeeze lifts in proficient matter, and keep up with all production speeds
- Complete forklift safety inspection sheet at the beginning of each shift, each day
- Keep both lines stocked with correct glassware at line speed
- Ensure that all products have the correct tags and identification
- Ensure that all Quality Assurance (QA) and Production tags are on each loads and are correct before moving
- Learn and understand the ISO 9001 and HACCP Processes.
- Identify, separate, and stack in correct area all glass products.
- Ensure that all items are stacked correctly on pallets and secured with stretch wrap.
- Participate in special projects in down times and wine changes
- Ensure that all glass tags are facing toward the driver while receiving or pulling from a lane
- Monitor line operation from palletizer to the stretch-wrap machine discharge conveyor.
- Check that all dock-locks are operational at the start of shift
- Check and install all wheel block chocks before loading or entering any trailer.
- Must be able to write and understand all pallet tags.
- Work with Shipping clerk on receiving and shipping paperwork.
- Ensure that the palletizer is putting out proper stacking patterns.
- Unload and stage all pallets receiving in proper area
- Loading trucks with proper stacking patterns and weight distribution.
- Perform all paperwork, loading, and receiving procedures as defined in the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)
- Able to work any shift, weekends and overtime as needed to ensure all production needs are met
- Replace and reset all stretch wrappers and top sheets with rolls.
- Keep all plastic bailed and stacked.
- Receive all sales wines and put in proper area as directed by receiving department.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Candidates must have prior experience or certification on a forklift. Work experience in a bottling operation is desired but not a requirement. Must be able to read and write English in order to complete paperwork, load tags, etc. Must be a team player and able to work all shifts and overtime.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.