The Automobile Body Repairer repairs damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles in accordance with factory and dealership specifications, using hand tools and power tools.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Examine damaged vehicles and estimate repair costs.
- Remove upholstery, accessories, electrical and hydraulic window-and-seat-operating equipment, and trim to gain access to vehicle body and fenders.
- Position dolly block against surface of dented area and beat opposite surface to remove dents, using hammer.
- Fill depressions with body filler, using putty knife.
- Remove damaged fenders, panels, and grills, using wrenches and cutting torch.
- Bolt or weld replacement parts in position, using wrenches or welding equipment.
- Straighten bent automobile frames, using a pneumatic frame straightening machine.
- Understand and operate frame measurement machine and related software.
- File, grind and sand repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Refinish repaired surface, using paint spray gun and sander.
- Aim headlights, align wheels, and bleed hydraulic brake system.
- Paint surfaces after performing body repairs.
- Repair or replace defective mechanical parts.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information. Working knowledge of all aspects of repairs for damaged body parts and bodies of vehicles. Valid driver's license. Ability to interpret vendor catalogs. Two years of experience as a vehicle body repairer or apprentice strongly preferred.
This is a physically demanding position. Will stand six to eight hours per shift. Will lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds. Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, exhaust fumes, paint, and other hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.