LOWER ELWHA KLALLAM TRIBE
Tribal Receptionist (On Call)
OVERVIEW: This position has the primary responsibility for ensuring that the tribal community, clients and guests are greeted and directed to the services that they need. On-call receptionists serve various departments including Social Services, Heritage Center, Tribal Administration Building and Law & Order.
LOCATION: Lower Elwha Tribal Office SUPERVISED BY: 0ffice Manager
POSITION STATUS: On Call
SALARY LEVEL: Range 5 - $11.00
WORK SCHEDULE: On Call Status
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
· Greet and respond to persons accessing the Tribal Center either in-person or by telephone to help ensure that they have a pleasant and satisfactory visit. Provide resource information, direct them to appropriate person.
· Contact the appropriate staff person and provide necessary information to clients and staff.
· Maintain schedules for use of facility (dining hall, gym, Room 13, etc.) and having individuals complete form; explain their responsibility of the area they will be using, which includes cleaning up the area (taking out trash, picking up items, restore the area as they as it was when they arrive, etc.).
· Maintaining log of tribal center employees’ attendance to assure their coming and going, in case someone needs to contact the employee.
· Maintain office supplies (inventory and ordering), and having employees signing form when taking supplies for their department
· Responsible for receiving and in dating letters, documents, etc. and routing to appropriate individual.
· Demonstrate knowledge and the ability to model the expectations of confidentiality.
· Other duties as assigned relevant to job duties.
· Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalency, post-secondary education, training or certification in office management, or administration preferred.
· One year experience in greeting and working with the public.
· Computer competency in word processing, spreadsheets, and data base.
· Good organizational skills and the ability to express thoughts clearly in verbal and written communications.
· Ability to multi-task and assume a variety of roles depending on need.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working and public relationships.
· Ability to work independently, makes decisions, and maintains program wide goals and priorities.
· Maintain applications and other materials to facilitate tribal community and public communications.
· Ability to successfully pass a criminal background check.
· Must be able to maintain CONFIDENTIALITY
· Good personal hygiene and grooming.
¨ Stamina to work 40 hours per week or as needed if on call primarily in an office setting
¨ Ability to reach and squat for filing purposes
¨ Walking and standing
¨ Able to lift and carry light loads approximately 25 pounds
¨ Requires use of standard office equipment, including computer, phone, fax, and photocopier
¨ Need to be able to effectively deal with a wide tribal and public population who may exhibit anger and threatening demeanors.
OTHER DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
¨ Must be able to comply with the LOWER KLALLAM TRIBE policies and procedures, including the Drug Free Workplace
¨ Assist other staff when available.
With all positions of the Lower Elwha Klallam Tribe this position is Indian Preference in hiring, in accordance with P.L. 93-638.
OPENING DATE: 12/14/2015
CONTACT: Employment Services Department
2851 Lower Elwha Road
Port Angeles, Washington 98363
Phone: (360) 452-8471