Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is recruiting applicants for a Spatial Planning Specialist. The responsibilities and qualifications are described in the attached position description.
Applicants should apply at http://www.winrock.org/page/careers-winrock
Deadline: Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Winrock thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.
Position Title: Spatial Planning Specialist
LOCATION: Jakarta, Indonesia
Department: Environment Group
Reports to: Program Officer, Forestry and Natural Resource Management
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources.
An anticipated three year program of activities in Indonesia will deliver targeted technical assistance to central ministries and provincial governments in Indonesia to reduce Indonesia’s GHG emissions through supporting actions to reduce the rate of deforestation and peat land degradation in Indonesia, alongside supporting its economic growth objectives through a low-carbon pathway.
Winrock is seeking an experienced Indonesian national Spatial Planning Specialist to lead the Spatial Planning Component of work within this Program that will improve spatial planning process and outcomes in Papua and 4 additional provinces in Indonesia and deliver improved stakeholder engagement processes and government co-ordination for spatial planning. A platform for knowledge exchange and feedback for improving spatial planning process at all levels is also envisaged.
This position is contingent upon donor award.
S/he is responsible for preparing, implementing and monitoring the project work plan to support and strengthen the spatial planning program of activities and is accountable for the achievement of outputs and targets. S/he supervises and leads project partners and support personnel and coordinates activities of the projects’ staff day-to-day.
Ensures effective oversight of planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring of the project activities under his/her responsibility and tracking financial resources;
Lead and manage the development of baseline indicators and targets for the Spatial Planning component;
Develop the process for collection, analysis of monitoring data for progress evaluation and produce reports in line with program requirements;
Manage stakeholder engagement activities; meetings, workshops etc. nationally and internationally;
Identify technical support needs for the project, develop scopes of work in collaboration with partners.
The consultant will have the following attributes:
- < > communication skills, including excellent written and spoken English and fluent Bahasa Indonesia
A strategic thinker and effective decision maker, with excellent team-working spirit
- < > collaborator and networker, able to build and manage relationships internally and externally
Engage and negotiate effectively with senior management staff in public and private office
Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships
Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 8 years of practical experience in spatial planning in the land use sector in Indonesia;
- Strong understanding Indonesian land law and the governance structure and processes for land use planning in Indonesia at central, provincial and district levels;
- Demonstrable experience in influencing policy reform within central and provincial Governments ;
- Experience of coordinating stakeholder relationships in complex and politically sensitive situations, including managing conflict. Ideally in the agriculture/forestry/environment sector;
- Good knowledge of, or experience with, low emission development strategies, participatory land use planning, community based management, or other similar approaches to land use planning and management;
- Experience working with geospatial experts and familiarity with geospatial technologies and software platforms such as ArcGIS or QGIS.
- Experience of designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks;
- Excellent computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheets and Powerpoint.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree or PhD preferred. Preferred disciplines include Urban or Regional Planning, Geography, Agriculture, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science, International Development, Law, Public Policy, Rural Development.