General Motors Warren Technical Center Design Operations have needs for qualified Experimental Paint Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision with a high level of independent judgement, the Experimental Paint Journeyperson specializes in producing show quality paint finishes and coating applications.
- Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
- Repair defects/imperfections in panels/bodies to show quality standards
- Mask areas for paint with proper tape/paper
- Apply primer-surface coatings
- Apply tri-coat paint systems to match master targets
- Repair paint damaged surfaces
- Proper use of sanders and other body preparation tools
- Follow metal, fiberglass, urethane foam, plastic and clay substrate treatment procedures
- Follow proper standards in paint application of body base coat/clear coat
- Adhere to final finesse polish procedures
- Participate in design/engineering reviews
- Inspect vehicle in light booth throughout process to guarantee show quality finish
- Perform paint mixing applications to proper standards
Color sand and polish painted surfaces to show quality standards
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate as an Experimental Painter or six (6) years of documented experience as an Experimental Painter (notarized documentation required)
- Ability to work any shift and work some overtime including daily, weekend, and holidays
Applicants must be:
- At least 18 years of age;
- Eligible to work in the United States;
- Submit to a drug test and background check.
General Motors offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Location: Warren Tech Center Design Operations
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected veteran status.