Experimental Auto Journeyperson (Pontiac)
General Motors is anticipating future opportunities for experienced Experimental Auto Journeypersons. Working under minimal supervision, the Experimental Auto Journeyperson is responsible for working with pre-production engines and transmissions. Candidates must have no less than six (6) years of experience and/or be a graduate apprentice or have a Department of Labor journeypersons card. These will not be entry level positions; therefore inexperienced individuals need not apply.
• Follow established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and company procedures
• Accurately record/input assembly and teardown data into computer
• Assemble ground-up, pre-production engines and transmissions
• Teardown and analysis of pre-production engines and transmissions
• Identify proper fit and function of engine and transmission components
• Read blueprints utilizing geometric tolerancing and specifications
• Perform vehicle alterations for Engineering's prototype parts
• Use general machining skills
• Work with Production, Engineering and peers in a team environment
• Basic computer skills – Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• U.S. Department of Labor Completion of Apprenticeship Certificate as an Experimental Auto Journeyperson or six (6) years of documented experience as a Vehicle Mechanic or Vehicle Technician (notarized documentation required)
• Ability to work any shift and work some overtime including daily, weekend, and holidays
Applicants must be:
• At least 18 years of age;
• Eligible to work in the United States;
• Submit to a drug test and background check.
General Motors offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Location: Pontiac Pre-Production Operations – Powertrain Engineering HQ
Relocation and travel expenses will be the responsibility of the applicant
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or protected veteran status.
This position is currently accepting applications.