Bottom of Form
Intern: MedImmune Biologics - MS&T
Location: Frederick, MD
MedImmune is the worldwide biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca, a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of small molecule and biologic prescription medicines. MedImmune is pioneering innovative research and exploring novel pathways across key therapeutic areas, including respiratory, inflammation and autoimmunity; cardiovascular and metabolic disease; oncology; neuroscience; and infection and vaccines.
We are currently seeking candidates who are working towards obtaining a Bachelors degree in Microbiology, Biology, or Biotechnology for an internship during the summer of 2016. This summer internship opportunity in MS&T group.
· Prioritize microbes isolated from FMC b633 production facility.
· Survey Literature for species specific data relating to risk.
· Calculate worst case scenarios for risks to establish safety threshold.
· Compare safety threshold for each organism to historical bioburden and environmental monitoring
· Compare safety threshold to established alert and action levels for bioburden.
· Draft a risk assessment technical memo for each organism.
· Present findings to relevant audience(s) with FMC staff.