Citi Bike (and it's parent company, Motivate), is the world's leading bike share operator, powering systems in New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other North American cities. We have nearly 17,000 bicycles in our fleet and 150,000+ members throughout the ten systems we operate, and are growing fast.
We're committed to innovation and working actively with our vendors to provide best-in-class technology to deliver great customer experience and operational excellence.
Motivate is led by one of the world’s most innovative transportation executives as CEO and is backed by world class investors.
We offer an opportunity to work with the most passionate, creative and proven team in this emerging, dynamic industry that is transforming cities around the globe.
Job Title: Citi Bike Member Acquisition Manager
New York City Bike Share, operators of Citi BIke, the country’s largest bike sharing system and recognized leader in active transportation, is hiring.
With the system in New York set to grow from 6,000 bikes to 12,000 bikes by 2017, we need a talented and passionate marketer with big ideas and a track record of delivering results to help us grow our membership.
If you’re results-oriented, dedicated, and ready to contribute, we want to hear from you.
Overview of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and working hand-in-hand with our member retention guru, this person will be responsible for growing membership. NYCBS and Motivate have a small but growing Marketing Team, so you will be at the forefront of shaping our new member acquisition efforts. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative but focused candidate with ambitions to help grow this role and the company with it.
Your responsibilities will include:
(1) Growing our group sales channel.
Employers have shown a willingness to provide subsidized bike-share memberships to their employees. We need to convert that demand into meaningful volume. That means developing and refining our process for generating leads, converting those leads (and our inbound inquiries) into new accounts, and overseeing implementation to ensure that our employer accounts drive member enrollment.
(2) Building scalable partnerships
As a leader in both active transportation and the sharing economy, organizations are eager to work with us. We need a strategic leader to evaluate those opportunities (and source new ones) to produce mutually beneficial partnerships that both drive new enrollments and stay faithful to our brand.
(3) Manage Paid Media Channels
There is an untapped opportunity to drive cost-effective enrollment through targeted paid media. We need someone that understands digital media, campaign optimization and programmatic buying to help us take advantage of this important channel.
The ideal candidate will be innovative within the capabilities of our business, prioritize in a fast-paced workplace, and communicate with corporate stakeholders to recommend scalable solutions.
- Achieve aggressive member acquisition targets
- Grow group sales channel by streamlining lead generation, optimizing conversion rates and maximizing enrollment rates among eligible employees/members
- Manage and report on our group sales prospect pipeline
- Oversee partnership channel, including both optimizing existing relationships and sourcing new ones.
- Plan and execute digital marketing campaigns to drive enrollment
- Oversee the develop of new marketing materials (online and print) and track their distribution
- Help manage a team of seasonal Outreach Ambassadors, working with their team captain to ensure they are scheduled for events that meet your goals