Crystal Mountain has a career opportunity for a dynamic and versatile individual to lead and execute our Public Relations strategy, drive business results, and support our image and positive reputation. The Director of Public Relations will be a spokesperson for Crystal Mountain, who promotes and cultivates media engagement, and is responsible for crisis communication.
The ideal candidate is a story-teller, with a special passion for skiing, who knows how to golf and loves the outdoors. In addition to building relationships and leveraging your own network, you will help us articulate the unique narrative we have around our beautiful property and the extraordinary staff who set the stage to deliver exceptional experiences every day.
This strategic position requires not only exceptional communication skills (written and verbal), but also innovative thinking and collaboration capacity. Your work will drive business, build positive brand awareness and sustain a culture committed to environmental and social stewardship. In this role, walking the talk is critical; you are passionate about outdoor recreation, travel and a healthy, active lifestyle. This executive position is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and reports to the president of the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or related field of study
- 10 years of Communications & Media experience
- Superior writing and speaking skills
- Passion for skiing (Alpine/Nordic/Boarding) the outdoors and a healthy lifestyle
- Can leverage traditional PR tools as well as social media and other digital channels
- Travel experience
- Professional network of travel, ski, outdoor recreation media contacts
About the Organization
Crystal Mountain is a year-round community that celebrates healthy lifestyles, is guided by enduring design principles, and is committed to responsible stewardship of our natural, human and economic resources.
Our mission is to be the stage for the exceptional experiences that connect people with self, others, nature and ideas.
What we believe in:
- People and the Environment: Our greatest assets that we pledge to respect, serve and sustain.
- Quality: Part of our DNA that permeates every decision we make.
- Safety: Job One -- Being vigilant to make this a safe place to live, work, learn and play.
- Collaboration and Partnerships: This is how we do things because it creates the highest value over time.
- Profit: Earn through sustainable and responsible use of our resources.
- Fun: It's the magic in our business.
We are dedicated to the guests we serve, the employees we trust, the community we support, and the shareholders and property owners we value.
As part of the Crystal team, we want you to work and play with us! Your perks include free skiing, snowboard and golfing and use of our fitness center and pool. Additionally, we offer many other benefits including health and dental insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Disability Insurance, profit sharing and a 401(k) plan with employer match, and discounts on lodging and spa services.
The pay range for this position is $60-75,000 per year with bonus incentive and potential for profit sharing.
Applications will be accepted through November 6, 2019.
|Resort Recreation Benefits:
ALL employees at Crystal Mountain receive these resort benefits to include FREE; fitness center, indoor pool, outdoor water park, golf, wellness programs, climbing wall, adventure courses, alpine slide, mountain biking and trail access, group ski lessons, downhill skiing/boarding and ski & snowboard rentals. DISCOUNTS on; spa services, fitness classes, retail products & apparel, food, lodging and personal training!
Established in 1956, Crystal Mountain is a family-owned, four-season resort recognized nationally as one of the Midwest’s premier destinations. Located 28 miles southwest of Traverse City, Crystal Mountain offers 58 slopes for downhill skiing and snowboarding, Crystal Mountain Snow Sports School, winter activities like dog sledding, cross-country skiing and fat tire biking, snowshoeing through Michigan Legacy Art Park, the Edge Adventure Course, award-winning Crystal Spa, fine-dining, shopping as well as wedding, meeting and conference facilities.