Senior Program Evaluator
|Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
|$5,600.00 - $6,500.00 / Monthly
$67,200.00 - $78,000.00 / Annual
Takes a lead role to plan, develop, and direct the integration of evaluation activities into new and existing programs designed to meet the goals of the THECB under the supervision of the Director of Research and Evaluation. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Designs program evaluations.
- Performs complex SAS programming and data analytic work to support evaluation of college readiness activities as requested and grants focused on meeting the goals of Closing the Gaps by 2015.
- Acquires, manages, and analyzes data related to assigned projects.
- Performs extensive diagnostics and documentation of these projects and associated input and output data for research, quantitative analysis, and reporting.
- Interprets and critiques results of evaluations and statistical analysis in language understandable to the lay person.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Participates in project and division planning.
- Manages external evaluation contracts.
- Reviews evaluation designs submitted in grant proposals.
- Responds to information requests made by researchers, other agencies, and THECB divisions.
- Provides oral and written analysis, interpretation and recommendations for evidence-based decision-making and planning, as a result of evaluation findings.
Minimum Required Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited senior college or university is required with major graduate school course work in education, statistical analysis, research or program evaluation design and methods, psychometrics, business or public administration, psychology, sociology, economics, or computer science.
- Five years responsible and substantive work experience in designing and conducting program evaluations or research and analysis projects using large-scale databases.
- Work experience must include three years designing program evaluation projects and project management.
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and a variety of software including statistical analysis software, preferably SAS.
- One year of work experience in a community college or university setting.
- Doctorate from an accredited college or university with major graduate school course work in related fields may substitute for two years of the required work experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill in designing and implementing program evaluations, with strong skills in both quantitative and qualitative methods of program evaluation;
- Understanding of elementary/secondary and postsecondary education issues and advanced principles, practices, procedures, theories, models and techniques involved in the research, collection, analysis, interpretation, and reporting of statistical data;
- Expertise in evaluation of elementary/secondary and postsecondary education and other social services and outreach projects with large databases;
- Expertise with SAS and other appropriate software;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, and policies governing program evaluation;
- Expertise in data analysis, exhibiting strong analytical techniques (qualitative & quantitative analyses);
- Competence in database creation, project management, and strategic planning; and
- Ability to develop and maintain successful working relationships internal and external to THECB.
- Earned doctorate from an accredited college or university with major course work in education, statistical analysis, research or program evaluation design and methods, psychometrics, business or public administration, psychology, sociology, economics, or computer science preferred.
- A master’s or doctoral degree in education or social sciences with coursework in evaluation and research is preferred.
- Five years of experience and proficiency with SAS programming and analysis, also including experience with large-scale elementary/secondary or higher education databases.
Job offer and continuation of employment with THECB is contingent upon
- Proof of educational credentials that satisfies the minimum requirements of the position.
- Eligibility/authorization to work in the U.S.
- Satisfactory results from Criminal History Background Check.
If applicable, compliance with the Selective Service Law for males ages 18-25. Please be advised that under Texas law, names and other information concerning applicants or nominees may be subject to disclosure upon request.
Physical Requirements and/or Working Conditions:
Work is performed in a standard office environment and requires
- Regular and punctual attendance.
- Frequent use of personal computer, copiers, printers and telephones.
- Frequent sitting.
- Frequently works under deadlines, as a team member, and in direct contact with others.
Employment Application is required. Apply on line at the Coordinating Board’s employment opportunities website. Go to: www.thecb.state.tx.us and select “Employment” at the bottom of the web page. For questions please call the HR Department at 512-427-6190. For vocal and/or hearing assistance call 7-1-1, (512) 427-6190.
"AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER"
To search for an open position, please go to http://TexasHigherEducationCoordinatingBoard.appone.com
|Other Jobs Within Same Category
-- None found
Assistant Director, Universities and Health Related Institutions in Austin, TX
Posted on: 5/16/2013
Senior Project Manager (2 year limited term) in Austin, TX
Posted on: 6/11/2013