|UTi is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
Through our supply chain planning and optimization services, we assist our clients in designing and implementing solutions that improve the predictability and visibility and reduce the overall costs of their supply chains. Our global and diverse customer base ranges from large multinational enterprises to smaller local businesses and includes clients operating in industries with unique supply chain requirements such as the pharmaceutical, retail, apparel, chemical, automotive and technology industries.
A Key role in the Logistics Organization is a Logistics Technician. The Logistics Technician will be based in Whitakers, NC. UTi will make space available for the resource as well as the proper equipment / tools associated with on-site work for the UTi Team. This is a new position for tack and track of International shipments from the supplier to the end customer.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor transportation flows and supplier compliance to support Client / UTi IFO project for all freight moving to and from the plant. Including material flow outbound shipments for responsible party.
- Review weekly freight charges within the Client system, review with the planners weekly.
- Routing Guide: Monitor supplier compliance, ship date requirements, delivery day requirements, and daily track and trace of shipments.
- Premium Freight: Coordinate premium freight transactions for both Ground and Air shipments, including; transaction approval, execution and reporting.
- Coordinate shipping flow to / from Cross Docks with the material planners, daily window times, “hot trucks”, etc.
- Investigate report and analyze Supplier Non-Compliance. Initiate and support root cause analysis and corrective action follow-up that may be in addition to, or outside of the NCMR process in addition to issuing warnings and debits per the supplier failure checklist.
- Supplier Quality Returns – Supplier to pay freight charges
- Supplier shipping “off-days or behind” – Supplier to pay freight charges
- Freight claim management through documenting, filing and closing carrier claims.
- Create and maintain databases, reports and spreadsheets as required
- Provide shipping frequency analysis by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Reporting – Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports pertaining to UTi / Client, and any other reports as required.
- Review and revise procedures as required, to maximize compliance.
- Liaison with UTi and Cross Docks to support cost savings initiatives for the client.
- Participate on Client / UTi / Cross Docks cross-functional teams as needed.
- Training – assist in training and advising on procedures throughout the organization as needed.
- Participate in projects and on-going initiatives (such as reduction of premium freight costs), as needed.
- Manage warranty returns transportation routing.
- Develop and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Communicate effectively with customers, partner vendors and team members.
- Ensure the attainment of applicable key factors.
- Support team members to ensure superior customer service.
- Provide remote and on-site support to teams located in the customer service department and at customer locations.
- Utilize the quality process to resolve customer service and vendor issues.
- Assist with new account start-ups.
- Assist with the development and testing of new product offerings.
- Proactively anticipate and resolve potential customer service partner vendor and internal team issues.
- Project work as required.
- Have college degree or 2 years experience in a logistics, customer service or related field.
- Strong international air and ocean freight management background
- Extensive knowledge of Inco terms, custom brokerage and FTZ
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent interpersonal communication with the ability to adapt to and work within a team environment.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel. Proficient in Word, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Able to work flexible hours when required.
- Proficient typing and PC skills required.
- Knowledge of Inco terms
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
UTi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To search for an open position, please go to http://uti.appone.com
|Other Jobs Within Same Category
Logistics Manager in Grand Rapids, MI
Posted on: 6/18/2013
Mgr, On Site Logistics in Columbus, IN
Posted on: 5/20/2013
Logistics Technician in Memphis, TN
Posted on: 2/1/2013
-- None found